× Members

Contribution- based and Income based ESA

More
4 years 11 months ago #230953 by Scaffolder1975
Replied by Scaffolder1975 on topic Contribution- based and Income based ESA
Hi Gordon
Appreciate your input, and its nice to know that the DWP is now backdating to 2011.
The figures are equally confusing for me also.
But like i said, they say i am entitled to both contrtibution-based and income- related Employment and Support Allowance.

Going back to 2 October 2012 which i have the paperwork from i was told that my incapacity benefit was changing to Employment and Support Allowance and that i was entitled to contribution-based employment and support allowance from that date, it goes on to say that i may also be entitled to income-related Employment and Support Allowance if i dont have enough money coming in, and that i have been placed in the Support Group because my illness or disability restricts the possibility of working.
I had over £7,000 in the bank, and id sent them the bank statement which they requested, i was just over the limit of the £5,850 in the bank which i was allowed to have they said, and was deducted £1 for every £250 over that limit, so in reality that entitled me to qualify for Income-related Employment and Support Allowance once id dropped down to £5,850 or under. Anyway you can imagine that those savings would have dropped quickly leading up to april when applying for housing benefit. We went to housing office to get our housing benefit sorted out, and they subtly said i may be entitled to income based employment and support allowance. i know its all confusing...., and back then i had under £16,000 in my bank account, our joint bank account that is. After our savings where around £5000.. our £1 deduction for every £250 was re-instated into our benefits. But we only ever remained on income related employment and support allowance despite originaly saying we where entitled to contribution based employment and support allowance. As for the latest change to my benefits, i can only say that id had my assessment at home in march this year, and afterwards i had been in hospital for 9 Days where id had 2 Cat Scans and i was found to have emphysema, so i dont know if my diagnoses had anything to do with looking at my claim again following a recent change. I didnt change anything ie fill in forms, or applied for any other benefit. Perhaps someone has informed Dwp. Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230964 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution- based and Income based ESA
Scaffolder

If you were transferred from IB and your claim has been continuous then you remain entitled to Contribution Based ESA, so are currently receiving ESA(CB) with and ESA(IR) top-up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scaffolder1975

More
4 years 11 months ago #230991 by Scaffolder1975
Replied by Scaffolder1975 on topic Contribution- based and Income based ESA
Thanks again Gordon
Though it doesnt make the new figures any easier to understand, or do you reckon the new figures for 2 july 19 could be an error on their part... Regards

More
4 years 11 months ago #231012 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution- based and Income based ESA

Scaffolder1975 wrote: Thanks again Gordon
Though it doesnt make the new figures any easier to understand, or do you reckon the new figures for 2 july 19 could be an error on their part... Regards

The figure of £148.20 is consistent with the circumstances you have described in your posts, I have no idea where the higher figure has been calculated, all I can suggest is that you contact the DWP for a detailed breakdown of it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scaffolder1975

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.