× Members

Filling in PIP form for someone else

More
4 years 11 months ago #230791 by CAW
I have just finished the torturous PIP assessment form. My Don who had head injuries 20 years ago has little Insight into his problems, very little patience etc., I have filled the form in using the third person "son (name") needs support to communicate etc, I have discussed each page with him - it was a little of the "yes, yes ok" scenario (he will probably forget by next week) it was VERY difficult as he is reluctant to accept problems because of lack of insight through his head injures. He has signed the form and I will send a covering letter. PLEASE tell me this is acceptable to the DWP. Someone told me it should have been filled in using the first person
It has to be sent on Monday!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230804 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Filling in PIP form for someone else
Hi CAW
Please do not be concerned. I filled in my husband's form using the third person and there was no problem at all in him receiving the award. I too attached a covering letter along with the evidence. They knew he could not fill it in himself. (I've also done it for others in that way and there has never been an issue).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CAW, magdelena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.