× Members

Tribunal phone call from DWP

More
4 years 11 months ago #230793 by bcm
Tribunal phone call from DWP was created by bcm
Hi, This is a bit of a strange situation so bare with me.

I put in an online tribunal request after my paper one got lost in the post, This was after huge misleading statements were made about my ability to work during the medical assessment. Despite this, during the mandatory reconsideration, They kept to their decision to close my claim and make me sign up to JSA.

So, I fill out the tribunal, send the documents online (fortunately i had a backup copy of all the documents i sent) and a few weeks later I get a single ring on my phone from the DWP 0800 number and a text saying "We need to talk to you about your ESA claim, please call us straightaway on...".

I call the number and after 45 mins i get through to an advisor who looks at my call history, she says "Yeah, so, you need to close your JSA claim and get your doctor to send us a sick note for the time since your claim stopped". No real help, that's all she kept repeating. I'm guessing she spoke to a decision maker and was just repeating her notes.

I'm worried that if i close my JSA claim, i'll be forced into universal credit and it will mess everything up, i'm also concerned that this is happening before action from the tribunal service. I've tried looking through the forum and couldn't find any examples of this happening, if anyone could suggest how i should proceed, i'll be very grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.