× Members

From DLA to PIPS

More
4 years 11 months ago #230830 by terdun9
From DLA to PIPS was created by terdun9
HIas I said about a week ago about getting the from DLA 2 PIPS paperwork.
I was wondering if it is worth asking just what the time scale is on waiting as my husband is 65 in 10 months and when he gets there what happens next do we have to start again with anything else.

So do I phone and ask if it is indeed worth doing?

Thank you for reading

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230856 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From DLA to PIPS
Jacqui

I would expect the transfer to be completed well before your husband reaches 65.

Providing an award is made then his reaching 65 will have no effect and his award will continue past this date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230860 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic From DLA to PIPS
Hi Jacqui

It is impossible to give you a definitive answer. One of the things that can impact on the time taken to get through the entire process is the area in which you live in and the availability of assessors and dates of assessments. When they first started it was supposed to take a month from start to finish, but if it runs smoothly (ie without the need for a mandatory reconsideration or appeal) - I am hearing anything from nine to twelve weeks (and sometimes more).

If your husband has his award before he is 65 there is nothing you have to do after that time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230903 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic From DLA to PIPS
Thank you for your reply, So once he is 65 does he stay on PIP`S if he should get it or do we have to apply for a other thing,

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

More
4 years 11 months ago #230908 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic From DLA to PIPS
Hi Jacqui

If he is awarded PIP, then he will stay on it past 65

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.