× Members

Finally had a date for my pip assessment with capi

More
4 years 11 months ago #230836 by Rocco19
Finally had a date off capita for my pip assessment on the 29th and it's a home visit it's my first claim for pip any advice would be greatly appreciated plz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230847 by BIS
Hi Rocco19

If you have a look at the pip guide it gives details of the types of questions you may be asked at the assessment.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip#claims

The number of questions and type of questions asked does depend on the assessor and the details you gave with your form. Don't get irritated by thinking they should already know something and don't get concerned if they seem to be staring at the computer a lot - they have a form to fill in.

If you are asked to do anything physical (such as demonstrate the strength of your grip) and you don't want to do it or can't because of physical and/or mental difficulties you can politely refuse and say why.

Some people have had good experiences with assessors (I did) and some have not. Unfortunately, it is the luck of the draw.

If at all possible, I would suggest you have someone with you, so you have a witness to what happens, but this is a personal choice. Of course, you are also free to record the assessment as long as you do two simultaneous recordings. Details are also in the guide.

Try and just be yourself.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabbit65, Rocco19

More
4 years 11 months ago #231004 by Rocco19
Hi sorry to be a pain again in my f2f would i be allowed to look at my copy off
my form I filled in for pip

More
4 years 11 months ago #231023 by Gordon

Rocco19 wrote: Hi sorry to be a pain again in my f2f would i be allowed to look at my copy off
my form I filled in for pip

You can but if you do explain why you are having to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocco19

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.