× Members

Multiple Sclerosis Relapse condition

More
4 years 11 months ago #230849 by tarka
Is there any other members on this forum who have the relapsing condition of Multiple Sclerosis, and been able to claim PIP of either the standard or enhanced rate. I am asking this as my daughter has been diagnosed with this terrible disease but she don't belief she'll be able to claim anything due to feeling okay for certain lengths of time. But when the relapses occur, she can hardly walk, can't grip, her sight sometimes deteriorates and her body seems to stiffen up.
Does anyone think it would be worth going through all the trauma and applying for it.
Help needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230854 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Multiple Sclerosis Relapse condition
Hi Tarka

Only you and your daughter can decide whether it is worth making a claim. I don't have the condition, but I did help someone who does have MS complete their form last year and she was awarded enhanced for both components. However, she is in a state of permanent relapse. As you know, there is no guarantee and everyone is assessed on an individual basis.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarka

More
4 years 11 months ago #231040 by Christina McIntosh
Replied by Christina McIntosh on topic Multiple Sclerosis Relapse condition
Hi, I have MS and was diagnosed about 5 years ago. I get the standard rate for both and had quite an aggressive version of the disease to start. I had 3 or 4 relapses over the first year. Treatment is definitely helping but I have been left with issues pre treatment. I filled out the forms and explained what I can and can’t do. The local council also came to see me and issued a blue badge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarka

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.