× Members

Esa reassessment

More
4 years 11 months ago #230867 by Kerrygold50
Esa reassessment was created by Kerrygold50
Hi Gordon, I hope u are keeping well and thank u for all the help u give me and other people it is so appreciated.

I had to do a reassessment form in Oct 2017, I never heard anything until I was at the doctors in June 2018, when my doctor told me she had received an esa 113 form which she sent back, she printed a copy for me which I kept. I received decision July 2019 on paper assessment for another year support group. I rang up asked them to send me copy of report that they used to make decision. When I got this I noticed assessors report was dated a week an half before gp sent back esa 113 so they never used it!!! I have now received my new reassessment form, do u think I should include a copy of the Esa 113, or would it annoy them? There is no mention of it in report and it was a very good form done by my doctor and I’m sure it would have giving me longer between assessments.

Also, I have had problems with incontinence for a number of years and always thought it was caused by panic attacks, but when the hospital carried out investigations in early 2018 they found it was a combination of medical problems and panic attacks. I am an outpatient at the hospital bladder clinic for this, they see me every 4/6 months, they keep changing tablets to try and find some that work. Due to my urinary incontince I have accidents a number of times a day, have to change clothes. I am finding it really difficult how to explain this on on form? Any help would be appreciated. Also do u think this is enough to get me into support group again.

My main conditions as per doctor: hospital reports are chronic depression, severe panic attacks, post traumatic stress ( sexual abuse as a child). I am have started psychiatric therapy again, but this is only 20 sessions, whereas in the past it was for a year.

Kind Regards
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa reassessment
Michael

I think the DWP will only consider the ESA113 if they have issued it (this time) but you could play the innocent and still include it.

For the Incontinent activity what you need to do is break the requirement down into the individual components and answer each of these, in particular, you need to cover off the use of pads as an aid that would prevent you suffering the more extreme results of an episode. If you do not use them then you need to explain why you cannot or they are ineffective as the DWP and assessor will assume that they would provide a solution.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerrygold50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris