× Members

Blue Badge mental health update

More
4 years 10 months ago #230870 by pomaus
Blue Badge mental health update was created by pomaus
I just thought I would update forum reader in case anyone had been searching for the same information that I had been looking for with regards to when the new changes coming into effect for blue badges for people with hidden disabilities.

I contacted my local authority and was given this information

"The Department for Transport has designated August the 30th as the start date for applications made under the new eligibility rules for people with mental health disabilities.
On that date there will be a new application form on the Norfolk County Council website for you to use, along with associated guidance.
Please do ask if you need any help or further information"

This has certainly been a long drawn out process, but it looks like the end is in sight and I am sure there will be a lot of disabled people who suffer from mental health who will benefit from these changes and will be able to hopefully start leading a more inclusive life with this support

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230892 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Blue Badge mental health update
Hi Pomaus,

Just to say I had a battle earlier on on the year over my Blue Badge.

I scored 12 points for planning and following a journey and after a lot of misunderstanding, mostly on my part, I got my badge. The council worker in the department, who was a decision maker, said if you had sent the PIP award form in the first place you would have automatically received one.

Like you I assumed that I would have to fight my corner as I didn't have enough points for walking and didnt send a copy of the award. Took ages to sort if but got there eventually

It seems some councils have implemented it already.

Phrank.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230959 by Billis
Replied by Billis on topic Blue Badge mental health update
Sounds encouraging, I will be submitting my application to Leeds Council soon. I too have 12 points planning and following but '0' under walking.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.