× Members

PIP claim

More
4 years 10 months ago #230878 by Bambi3021
PIP claim was created by Bambi3021
I am on enhanced care and std mobility up to 21st November 2019, I recently have had a stroke that has left me with 30% loss of vision in both eyes with little likelihood of returning to normal. Should I start a new claim now or wait until August when DWP said they would be issuing a letter advising me PIP is ending in November?
Regards D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230883 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP claim
Diddybambi

Do you reasonably think that you would now meet the criteria for an Enhanced Mobility award?

If you do then write to the DWP explaining the Change and ask to be reassessed. I would send the letter using a Tracked post so that you have proof of delivery as the date of your letter should be used as the start date of any new award.

Reporting a Change will result in a new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #230890 by Bambi3021
Replied by Bambi3021 on topic PIP claim
Hi Gordon
Thank you.
Do you know if I ask to be reassessed will they stop my current claim before November.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230894 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP claim

Diddybambi wrote: Hi Gordon
Thank you.
Do you know if I ask to be reassessed will they stop my current claim before November.

They won't stop your payments while you are being reassessed but the new Decision will supersede your existing award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #230896 by Bambi3021
Replied by Bambi3021 on topic PIP claim
Hi Gordon
Thank you for your help.
D

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.