× Members

pip

More
4 years 11 months ago #230912 by mandyh
pip was created by mandyh
hi guys my husband received a letter Saturday saying is dla is ending and we have to phone the number given by the 11/june/2019 if we want to claim pip, he was originally awarded indefinite when claiming dla , now my question is has anyone else had this , when should I phone them now or nearer to the 11th of june as stated and basically what do I do he has got worse than he was when the indefinite award was given , he has all new doctors who don't really no him , my head is a wash all ready , thanks in advance team ...
any advice would be truly appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #230928 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
mandy

You and about 1.5m other DLA claimants :)

If you call later then you will have more time to collect evidence to support his claim, I would suggest that he speaks to his new GP to see what support they will provide.

Our PIP Claim covers the information that he will need for the call and of course the criteria he will need to meet for an award of PIP.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gordon. Reason: link corrected

More
4 years 10 months ago #232532 by mandyh
Replied by mandyh on topic pip
hi Gordon took the gp notes to my husbands doctors , he said he couldn't fill anything in as it did not have the dwp sign on the top , I explained it was for our use but he still declined , also do they look at his ESA reports as he has had to face to face assements before , he has gotten worse since the last one with cervical myopathy diabetic neuropathy , incontinence , just a bit more advice would be welcome thanks

More
4 years 10 months ago #232550 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
Mandy

It's unlikely that they will look at his ESA reports if you want the information to be considered then you need to include it yourself and explain why it is relevant to his PIP claim, although there are areas of overlap between the two benefits the criteria for each is usually different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232566 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic pip
Hi Yes, we did have this invite lol as if you have a choice,
I am just getting to the end of the form now having my own meltdown as to what to put. the silly thing is its a never-ending award, and my husband is 65 in 9 mths times I wondering what happens then do I have to start all over again with a different benefits But whatever you do please use the notes on this website like I have been its taken me weeks to do as I don't need to muck it up/

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

More
4 years 10 months ago #232578 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip
Hi Jacqui
No, you will not have to start a new form, once you are on PIP you can continue to claim it, you do not have to apply for Attendance Allowance. The Government has stated they will give a light touch when reviewing which can be up to 10 years.
Note, Once you are over PC age if you are in receipt of standard mobility, and your mobility deteriorates you will not be able to apply for the enhance mobility.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.