× Members

Home F2F PIP help

More
4 years 11 months ago #230920 by val
Home F2F PIP help was created by val
Hello
I have been a silent member on this site for the last 2 years. Ive found the help on here so far invaluable while ive been waiting to change from DLA to PIP. That time came 2 months ago, when i informed DLA a change of circumstances. I had to make a claim for PIP, and now have my F2F on Monday 3rd June and it's at home. I never asked for a home assessment so was a bit of a shock. When i did a claim for DLA, i never had a f2f (was about 8 years ago and indefinate award), but i had to fight for it, doing MR. My conditions (i have a few lol) have got progressively worse, and have a new condition to add to them now, Fibromyalgia, and this is why i have done a change of circumstances. At the moment, i get Lower Rate DLA. I have heard horror stories, that if you have a home assessment, you are going to fail. Im already pooping myself over this and ive got over a week to go lol!.. Anyway, I would be grateful if any of you have any tips of what they do, what i shouldnt do, etc on the day of the visit.
Im such a wimp...x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230935 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home F2F PIP help
Val

A home assessment is only done when it is accepted that the claimant has a level of disability to warrant one, so rather than it suggesting a failure it would seem more likely to suggest the potential for success although as always it will depend on how well you have documented your problems.

The PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you will likely be asked

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

A home assessment will not be significantly different from one held in their office.

If you can, try and have someone with you.

Don't change your routine for the interview.

I would not expect them to ask to look around.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: val

More
4 years 11 months ago #230951 by val
Replied by val on topic Home F2F PIP help
Ah Thank You Gordon, feel a little bit better now!
I have taken information from here to fill out my claim, i found it extremely helpful as sometimes you just dont know how to put into words how your conditions hinders you, so following guidelines on here was great.
They are coming first thing in a morning, well 10am, which to me is first thing lol, i dont get out of bed until around then.
My husband will be with me, also my daughter. Will they be able to talk aswell? say if they ask me a question and my brain fog is bad, can they tell them something i might forget? Or will they just have to sit there looking pretty lol
Thanks for your advise!

More
4 years 11 months ago #230955 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Home F2F PIP help
Hi Val

Whether your husband or daughter will be able to speak on your behalf or not will depend on the assessor. Some assessors seem to be happy with it, some will allow friends/relatives to answer some questions but not other questions and there are reported incidents of some assessors not allowing anyone to speak but the claimant.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: val

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.