× Members

letter

More
4 years 11 months ago #230924 by darrenay
letter was created by darrenay
hi all,
sent my esa forms off 4 weeks ago, this morning i received a letter telling me that i have an assessment on Saturday 8th June, I thought that they phoned first to make appointments.
the good part is that its just over 2 weeks away, but my issue now is trying to find out which of the doctors filled in their forms for the esa, i telephoned them this morning to find out only to be told they have been sent back but they have no clue who filled them in, i said surely there has to be a signature and a named doctor, i was then told that they dont keep records of who fills them in and no copies are saved, ( really ).
we tried to get an appointment to see my usual doctor only to be told that they wont be back for 2 months, so asked to see any doctor so as to try and find out what was put on these forms but no appointments until the end of june. This is so getting out of hand with trying to get to see a doctor nowadays.
On another note, just had my diagnosis that i have now got ME as well as all my other issues with lots of prolapsed discs and other health problems, the letter about my diagnosis, should i send off a copy now ?, or should i take a copy with me to my assessment seeing as its only just over 2 weeks away ?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230938 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic letter
darrenay

When you say form filled in by your doctors, do you mean a form sent your GP by Maximus?

My understanding is that your GP should have retained as a standard procedure, a copy of anything they sent to the DWP. You can ask to see your recent medical records.

I would send the information about the new diagnosis now although I would also take a copy to the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.