× Members

Clarify due dates for PIP appeals

More
4 years 11 months ago #230925 by mosala
Clarify due dates for PIP appeals was created by mosala
My Mandadory Recon is due in by the 3 June. Will they accept it 'ON' the 3 June.

I am struggling to get my extra evidence by the date. I phoned PIP to ask,but got an 'MP type' answer. She just would not answer properly. She said to phone when I have it and tell them it is being posted, but my past experience is that they ignor any these requests.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230940 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Clarify due dates for PIP appeals
mosala

Your MR request needs to be with the DWP no later than one month from the date of the Decision, this is usually the date on the Decision Letter unless stated otherwise, so if the letter was dated 4 May 2019 then your letter needs to be with the DWP by 3 June 2019.

I would say in your request that you are having problems getting new evidence available within the time available to make the request and they should give you an additional 28 days to send it in but you should confirm this with them once they have received the request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230981 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Clarify due dates for PIP appeals
I have already requested an MR. I have sent most of the papers already, but am waiting for something from the mental health team. The MR request was done on the phone on 3 May. So I don't think I can have another 28 days can I?

They have to receive everything on the 2nd at the latest then?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230983 by Gordon
mosala

Your maths is wrong 28 days from the 3 May is 31 May, not 2nd or 3rd June!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230988 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Clarify due dates for PIP appeals
Totally confused now! OK. I asked on phone for MR on 3rd May. Do I get 28 days or a calendar month from the 3rd please?!

More
4 years 11 months ago #231010 by Gordon
mosala

If you requested the extra time when you requested the MR then the DWP should give 28 days to supply extra information.

So if you requested the MR on 3 May then your information needs to be with them by 31 May or earlier if possible.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.