× Members

Pension Credit help

More
4 years 11 months ago #230958 by lild
Pension Credit help was created by lild
Hi Gordon
Could you or anyone help/advise on pension credit.
I've been given 3 lots of different information when I phoned up the pc line.

My husband was due his pension start the beginning of may, we did a phone application in April as to be ready for pension start.
I rang to see how it was progressing as we've not heard anything, to be told oh they won't even look at it till after the date.
Well that's not what they originally said....was to apply before so it's ready to start with pension.

Also twice I've been incorrectly told I'll have to Stop my contribution based ESA..... which is not correct.

We've never been on income based anything, hubby and myself were both on ESA contribution based, his has now stopped and mine continues until my pension.
We just made the cut off date for younger spouse, and I'm starting to think they're messing us around so we will lose it.
Any help please. Thanks Lil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230966 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension Credit help
lild

I suspect that they are just overwhelmed with the number of people making claims before the deadline.

You don't have to close your ESA(CB) claim but it will be deducted from any PC entitlement.

The PC should be payable from the date that you made the claim not when it is decided.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230970 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pension Credit help
hi lild

You are correct when you say that you can stay on your contribution based ESA but that would depend on which group you are in, i.e support or work related, as the rules are different.

I would advised you to seek help from your local welfare rights unit or Age UK, as there is lots of information missing from your post to give you any accurate advice, such as are you and your husband in receipt of PIP, if you are, which components, are you receiving SDP in with your ESA? There are lots of questions to ask before giving advice, unfortunately this forum is open and you need specific personal advice which is why I would advise you to contact Age UK or a welfare rights unit to get full benefit advice.

In regards to pension credits, before 15/05/19 Pension Credit could be paid if your partner had reached pension age but you had not, but remember Pension Credit is means tested so your contribution based ESA would be taken into account, but it still might be worth claiming even if you only receive £0.50, as Pension Credit is a qualifying benefit.

Your husbands ESA would have stopped when he reached State Pension age, your ESA will also stop when you reach State Pension age.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230992 by lild
Replied by lild on topic Pension Credit help
Thank you both, yes maybe there's a lot of claims because of the deadline.
We've been in touch with age concern that's how we knew about pc, we both have PIP st daily living enhanced mobility, and have an underlying entitlement 're care, which helps 're pension credit.

I'll wait a few weeks to see if we hear anything, but the people on the phone can't even see the applications there.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.