× Members

DLA GDD

More
4 years 10 months ago #230999 by Andy101
DLA GDD was created by Andy101
Hi I'm Andrew and new to the forum I'd like to ask some questions about my Son and I'm very worried for his future with these cuts at the moment he's on DLA has he is Educational plan or statement and has what's called global development delay and his basic understanding of the world around him is sometimes foreign and has no concept of time and not even being able tell the time at 15yrs old .
Anyways He gets DLA at the moment but he's 15yrs old when will his DLA come to an end and will he just go over to PIP or will I have to make a new claim for him as he would in no way know how to do this. thanks in advance Andrew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231016 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA GDD
Andrew

It would be a new claim for PIP be aware that the criteria is fundamentally different from DLA, especially where it was for a child.

As he will be 16 he will be treated as an adult and you may have problems acting on his behalf. If he is not capable of managing his own affairs then you should consider becoming his DWP Appointee, see

www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

Our PIP Claim guide is on the following link and explains the claim process and the criteria he will need to meet for an award.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.