× Members

Statement of reasons

More
4 years 10 months ago #231011 by annieshake
Statement of reasons was created by annieshake
Hello. I lost my PIP Appeal back in January. I asked for a Statement of Reasons on 28th January. I received notification this morning that they have referred my request to a Judge.

At my Appeal the Panel kept referring to 'today' - not the relevant time period.

I suspect me being a Carer for my husband added to me losing. Even though the care I provide is mostly companionship, encouragement and mental support.

Should I be encouraged by today's missive or not?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231025 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Statement of reasons
annieshake

I would consider a complaint to the Tribunal Service, it should not take the best part of four months for your request to be passed to the Judge in charge of your hearing.

Complaining to the Tribunal Service

You can't pre-empt the SoR, it's not what was said in the hearing but was is contained in the SoR that would be the basis of an appeal to the UTT.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annieshake

More
4 years 10 months ago #231028 by annieshake
Replied by annieshake on topic Statement of reasons
Thank you. Can I just add that when they sent me the Appeal result, they didn't pay adequate postage and it took 2 weeks for me to receive a Royal Mail notification - there was a £2 fee payable before it could be delivered.

I will compain. Any templates available please?

More
4 years 10 months ago #231034 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Statement of reasons
annieshake

Follow the "The Tribunal Service complaints procedure is explained here" link in the page I provided a link to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annieshake

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.