× Members

Difference between Appeal and Disallowed results

More
4 years 11 months ago #231017 by King_Drax_I
Hi there, in the B&W newsletter today, the news was that "Only 8% of disallowed personal independence payment (PIP) claims were overturned at appeal in 2017/18 according to figures released this month. However, set against this is the fact that over 70% of claimants who appeal a PIP decision are successful."

Please can you explain what the difference is between a disallowed claim being overturned at appeal and appealing a PIP decision? I ask because my tribunal hearing is next week...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231030 by Gordon
Drax

So, of all the PIP Decisions where no award is made only 8% of these are overturned at appeal, this means that a lot of claimants, 80+% do not take the Decision to appeal.

Where an appeal is made against any adverse PIP Decision then the success rate is 70%

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: King_Drax_I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.