× Members

ESA appeal for my autistic & learning disabilitie

More
4 years 10 months ago #231056 by Rose Michel
I really need help, my son has autism & severe learning difficulties, This is to do with them putting him in the work group for ESA . He is 21 and at college in special needs classes. what was written after so called medical, where his dad & myself did all the talking, was not what happened of said. Now waiting for date for Tribunal. really stressed our son doesn't even know why he has to go to job centre . Our son can't go anywhere on his own, they won't except that even with paper reports to support that .They said he get on a bus on his own! which he can't. He has no friends, or social live unless we take him somewhere. Any advise welcome plz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231063 by Gordon
R

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Where are you in the process? You say you are appealing bit have you completed the Mandatory Reconsideration.

To be placed in the Support Group your son will need to meet one or more of the SG Descriptors, which one(s) are you aiming for? There's a list in our ESA Claim guides on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231108 by Rose Michel
Replied by Rose Michel on topic ESA appeal for my autistic & learning disabilitie
Hi yes, I had to send the mandatory paperwork to the tribunal panel. Because they refused to change the decision . Waiting for a court date now.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231116 by Gordon

Rose Michel wrote: Hi yes, I had to send the mandatory paperwork to the tribunal panel. Because they refused to change the decision . Waiting for a court date now.

Have you received the DWP's submission to the appeal?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231126 by Ted Pea
Google 'regulation 29 and 35.'
If I remember right your son's GP needs to write that 'there is a substantial risk to his mental health' by being put in the WRAG.
I think the GP needs to write this quite explicitly, like it's a secret password.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.