× Members

PIP Review Letter

More
4 years 10 months ago #231069 by TD888
PIP Review Letter was created by TD888
Hello, I started claiming PIP in 2016 and was awarded the Enhanced Daily Living but no mobility. The rules recently changed and at my last review I was awarded the same Daily Living and they included Standard Mobility too.

So I got a letter this week which says that they found in their review that they can't back-pay me the Daily Living from 2016 because there's no evidence I struggled to get out. But the thing is my condition hasn't worsened, it's been pretty much constant, but they've awarded it to me in my review last year.

How does this make sense?
Should I try and peruse this with them? I'm not sure I still have any of my medical evidence from the beginning of my claim.

Any advice would be appreciated here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231092 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review Letter
Alex

I'm not entirely clear on what correspondence you have had from the DWP but I will try and answer the two most likely scenarios.

So, unless you reported a Change of Circumstances there will be no backdating of the Mobility component on your latest award.

If the letter that you have received is about the review of Mobility awards that the DWP are doing due to the aborted changes they made to some of the Mobility Descriptors. Then I think that they are saying that they see no reason to revise the original Decision not to award Mobility.

You can challenge these Decisions if you wish, for the former you would need to provide compelling evidence a Change and also why you were unable to inform the DWP of this.

For the latter, any challenge would be based on how you were at the time of the original Decision and you would only be able to use evidence that is relevant to that time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.