× Members

PIP HOME ASSESSMENT

More
4 years 11 months ago #231084 by ELE1
PIP HOME ASSESSMENT was created by ELE1
Hi,
I have just received a call from the pip assessment centre offering me a home face to face.
Having sent my form to them only 3 weeks ago this came out of the blue.
It is welcome news as with my health conditions it would be terrible to travel for a face to face.
I asked about recording the visit and was somewhat thrown when they said I would need to have dual recording facilities?
I do not possess a recorder but as I have been advised that it is important to do this.
I was told that if this visit did not go ahead I would face long delays, somewhat bullying tactics.
Can you help me with this and do you have any other advice about home assessments.
It will take place next Thursday 30th May.
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #231102 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP HOME ASSESSMENT
Hi ELE1

It is true that if you are to record you do have to have dual recording facilities. You can read details about this in the PIP guide.

It is your choice whether or not you decide to go ahead with the visit. You are able to change a date, but only once and if you do there is no guarantee that they will offer you a second home visit.

Have you considered having someone with you who could take notes, if you were not able to arrange recording the assessment?

The assessor will ask you a number of questions - examples can be found in the guide. This is not an exhaustive list because it depends on your assessor and the information on your form. They record your answers on a computer as you speak.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELE1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.