× Members

I am disgusted with doctors

More
4 years 11 months ago #231564 by darrenay
Replied by darrenay on topic I am disgusted with doctors
well my partner picked up the new copy of the esa113 form from the doctors yesterday, what a difference compared to the first form, it has all the proper information on it plus stuff that does not need to be on there.
The doctor has put on the form that " when the patient had a conversation with his normal doctor, he said he can drive ", she also put stuff in like " he does not have this now and it is all sorted , in fact she has put everything that has been wrong with me since i was born, 54 years worth. I really do think she had her nose put out of joint all because we asked her to do her job properly.
I just hope that this new info will be taken as the first form and the old will be disregarded. she did say she telephoned them to say she had the info wrong, so lets see how it goes next weekend 8/6/19.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231566 by darrenay
Meant to say that she told them i did not have emphysema any more as it had gone away, really??. To think i have been given this doctor as my named doctor without even telling me, We will have to go through the new doctors now to find a good one again, trouble is that you get to know them then they leave after a year or two.
One thing i do know is that i dont want her as my named doctor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #231643 by wideyes
Replied by wideyes on topic I am disgusted with doctors
I am an ME sufferer
I also have had 3 major surgeries to my hip
I was transfered 2013 from Invalidity benefit to ESA contribution. Support group

My advice :

Ask practice manager for a copy of all you medical notes ASAP your are entitled to these

Scan all documents reports relevant from consultants even if they go back 5 years

Keep a daily diary of how your ME affects you

I would leave this practice as they resemble disorganised overworked and you must find a supportive GP ASAP in alternative practice

By this I mean contacting practice managers of other practices stating you have complex health needs and require a senior partner of a practice to oversee your personal health NO Locums either !

Before you leave your current practice ensure you have all your medical records from practice

Any outstanding reports not sent from recent visits to medics call their secretary and get them to send you directly reports

If you can afford to or get financial help from someone : seek private opinion and get a detailed medical report it is worth its weight in gold

Do not waste your time with nhs GP practice like this one you are registered with

They clearly do not want to help you

They clearly are over stretched with patients

See a welfare benefit solicitor as a last resort

I have had to borrow money to get private medical letters re my ME .

My GP visited me at home for the first time in 11 years as I am bedridden with relapse

He could not offer me any advice
He had not a clue about treating ME

No GP’s really understand this condition and I am under an NHS ME consultant who practices nhs and privately

His treatments are thought by my GP as not clinically proven !

B vitamin infusions formerly given under nhs
Magnesium sulphate injections given intramuscular not available nhs anymore

So before you try to fill in an ESA50 form your illness ME needs very supportive evidence and your GP ain’t going to help you there that is for sure

Re skeletal : again you need copies of medical letters

I would ask for Gordon’s advice once you have read my advice here

More
4 years 11 months ago #231688 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic I am disgusted with doctors
@darrenay..

hi I read your post. But I don't quite understand this part you wrote...……..> I am a bit miffed about the form being sent out by the assessment centre or dwp because all she had to do was do what we said to her and download it.

Im not understanding downloading it?? downloading what, and where from.

Please can you clarify much appreciated.

regards

More
4 years 11 months ago #231786 by darrenay
hi mrfibrospondodysthmatic,
the ESA 113 form that the DWP send out to the doctor to fill in for the assessment , the form can be downloaded from the www.gov.uk government/publications/esa113-interactive-for-use-by-healthcare-practitioners
I just found it odd that the DWP would send out another form, the doctor was clearly shown and knew she could download the form because we told her and her reception manager told and showed her.
I have got a copy of the so called new ESA form that the doctor sent back, it turns out she did not get sent a new form at all like she stated to us but she just used the copy she had on record and added all my health issues and medication to the original form and printed that out or faxed/emailed it to the relevant department.
hope this explains a bit better.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231787 by darrenay
Well today i received a letter from the assessment centre that was doing my assessment on saturday 8/6/19, the letter states " we have postponed your appointment ", I dont know whether this has got something to do with the fact that they have finally got all the proper information from the doctor after putting the info right.
It just seems odd that they suddenly cancel after the new info has been submitted. Here's hoping.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.