× Members

UC Managed Migration Pilot ESA Reviews

More
4 years 11 months ago #231125 by micksville
UC Managed Migration Pilot ESA Reviews was created by micksville
As we know the pilot for existing claimants will begin in Harrogate in July this year. My question is this: I do not live in that area, rather I am on the Lancashire coast and like many had my ESA medical Reviews deferred for 2 years due the the previous backlogs. As I understand it these reviews of existing claimants re started around 2017. Having had my 2015 provisional date deferred to 2017 it was deferred again in spring of 2017 ( even though some claimants I know less than half a mile from me had their reviews back then). I did not and it was deferred until early April this year. As the date in early April passed I called DWP and was told it had again been deferred to spring 2019. However, when the lady checked the Medical Services portal on her screen she said it was still showing as my medical review date was due in April. But no fixed date.
I left it until mid May and called again, worried I might have missed the ESA 50 paperwork or it might have been lost in the post. I was told that all their screens, including the portal for medical services now showed it had definitely been deferred again to 2019.
I asked if this meant I was perhaps imminently going to be passed onto the pilot for U/C but was told this was not the case. ( I doubt DWP call centre would have been forthcoming with that info anyway even if I were due). I was advised that I would not receive an ESA review until 2019 but could well have been passed on to U/C by way of the managed migration by then. Fair enough. I have nothing to fear from the medical but I am puzzled as to why I was passed over in 2017 when other claimants in this area were given their regular reviews. Also, I was definitely expecting a medical this time as it is 2013 since I last faced one and even then that was a super session done on paperwork alone. I asked if perhaps DWP cherry picked various cases like mine, as I would be confident of a positive outcome because my medical issues are physical and easily diagnosed, well documented and also the medical services ( ATOS) gave a long prognosis last time stating there was unlikely to be any improvement in future. My GP backed this up in his supporting letters. One of the call handlers flatly denied they cherry picked cases the other implied they might indeed pick and choose which cases are worth them pursuing.. I wonder if Gordon or anyone on the forum can shed any light on these matters as, according to items posted in the forums over the last 18 months it seems members are indeed still coming up for normal reviews, be they yearly, two yearly or otherwise. i am puzzled as to why I have not come up for review. As far as I know my area hasn't been chosen for early pilot for migration to UC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231136 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC Managed Migration Pilot ESA Reviews
micksville

I'm sorry but apart from it only affecting claimants in the Support Group we have not been able to discern any pattern or reason as to why one claimant's reassessment is being deferred and another is not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.