× Members

Help from others to monitor health condition

More
4 years 10 months ago #231218 by Becky
I have MS and due to its aggressive nature it has blinded me in one eye and impaired my vision in the other. Due to that fact it was recommended to me by my neuro that I receive the most aggressive treatment available to try and slow the disease progression. I receive the treatment in 8 doses by IV in hospital. Then monthly blood/urine tests for the next 5 years to monitor my health/side effects.
I am at the part in my PIP form where it asks if I need help to monitor a health condition . Am I correct in thinking that I need to tick the YES box ?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231222 by Gordon
Becky

This activity is not about treatment that you have at a hospital it is only interested in any that you have in your home, so based on your post the answer would be "no".

See our PIP Claim guide for more details of the requirements for this activity

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231223 by Becky
Thank you for the clarification Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.