× Members

Time taken for Mandatory Recon decision PIP

More
4 years 10 months ago #231245 by Cat in a hat
Time taken for Mandatory Recon decision PIP was created by Cat in a hat
Hi All,

I know that PIP/ESA/UC mandatory Reconsiderations are taking longer and longer these days.
However, given all the nefarious tricks the DWP employs to reduce claims and knock back claimants, I am very wary of their 'Don't contact us, We'll contact you' with regards to Mandatory reconsideration decisions.

I submitted mine on March 30th this year for PIP, having been on DLA for over 20years and having a lifetime award for middle rate care and lower mobility, I was dismayed to find they had taken away my care component when transitioned over to PIP. Whilst they awarded me high rate for mobility, losing the care component meant I lost my severe disability premium on ESA and I am struggling massively on such a reduced income.

I wrote my MR immediately and phoned PIP a couple of weeks later to confirm they had received my letter (as I had no comfirmation of receipt of this from them).

They said they had receieved it and to simply wait for their decision. Its been two months now almost and my concern is, that they may later say they had written to me and that I didnt reply within the 28 days to take an appeal to tribunal. I would have no way to prove something did not happen if that makes sense. Having been subjected to their unfair methods before, I am probably very suspicious and wary of potential methods they might employ .

My question is, how long would you think it is reasonable to wait for a decision before saying 'enough is enough'? It took nearly a year for the transition from DLA to PIP due to them cancelling my assessment appointments multiple times. Once even cancelling a home visit five minutes before!

Obviously, I cannot lodge my appeal to tribunal until/unless I get a formal response denying my MR. In the meantime, I am struggling to meet my bills and my water bill has fallen into arrears.

My Daily living component of PIP was lost due to being awarded 5 points, just 3 points shy of the standard. I feel confident Ive written a compelling argument to say where I believe the assessor has not fully taken into account the effects of my disability, thanks to the help and guidance of this website.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Cat

Think like a proton, always positive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.