× Members

Presenting up to date medical evidence

More
4 years 11 months ago #231636 by WD
Hi
Do you know if there is a time limit on how many years old a diagnosis can be when you use it as evidence - If you've stopped seeing the psychiatrist but still have old copies of it?
Also, what is the best away to get the DWP to take proper notice of letters written by professional people who are NOT classified as doctors, social workers, CPNs or counsellors. Rather other professionals such as managers in mental health facilities. I'm scared these people's letters would be placed alongside letters from "ordinary" people just as if it was from a neighbour or your friend or something.
Thanks in advance for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231637 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Presenting up to date medical evidence
Hi WD

There is no official time limit though I have heard people say no later than three years. However, if you have proof of diagnosis that is much older I would include it. Older evidence can be used as proof of long-standing conditions.

Do not assume they will ignore the evidence from non-medical staff. Relevant letters have value, whoever they come from. If you want your letters to stand out, then try and reference them throughout your evidence eg:

X is unable to prepare a simple meal because of poor manual dexterity skills caused by severe arthritis as noted in Dr.Y's (letter dated March 2018 - Appendix A)

Obviously, you will attach all your additional evidence (letters etc) at the end, but I think it helps to remind whoever is reading it how that evidence relates to what you are saying.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.