× Members

PIP form

More
4 years 11 months ago #231662 by Demigirl
PIP form was created by Demigirl
Hello, I have never posted here before but have been a member for several years. I am filling in my PIP form at present and I am really struggling to understand question 13 Going Out.
Even reading your brilliant notes I am still not able to understand. Any clues would be gratefully received.
Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231663 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP form
Hi Firecracker

The Going Out activity looks at three things.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. You are being asked about the problems you would have with working out how to get from one place to another, you do not need to be able to follow the route that you are planning.

Undertaking a Journey - this is to do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with you leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop you doing this. You need to show that you would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - This activity about the problems you would have navigating a route. So are there problems; cognitive, sensory or mental health issues that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact, if you cannot undertake a journey then you will not score points for following one and vice versa.

I hope this might help.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Demigirl, magdelena

More
4 years 11 months ago #231666 by magdelena
Replied by magdelena on topic PIP form
I’m also tussling with this question. It appears to be written in Jabberwocky. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Demigirl

More
4 years 11 months ago #231674 by Demigirl
Replied by Demigirl on topic PIP form
It really is mind boggling. Good luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.