× Members

Another assesment

More
4 years 11 months ago #231664 by Josephine
Another assesment was created by Josephine
I was getting DLA then had to move to pip when I did they downgraded me from high mobility to low, i appealed and won, two years later I had to have another assessment again they downgraded me and again i appealed they cancelled the appeal as upgraded me again after I sent a letter from my doctor, one year later they send me a form to see how I am supposedly coping and they wanted further evidence, I applied for subject access from my doctor and also all my consultants, from the last ten years now I have to have a further assessment next week and have been asked to get more evidence, seriously I do not know what else to give, I suffer serious osteoporosis and over the last seven years I have had over 35 stress fractures in my feet, ankles and knees, I also suffer from psoriatic arthritis which mainly affects my hips, feet hands and shoulders, also other conditions that do affect my health, like many I have good bad and horrendous days, but every day is a challange just to stand on my own two feet let alone walk, every day at work is such a struggle, i would be very grateful for any advice to help me with the next assesment, right now it feels like I am being persacuted, they have all my medical notes, i am at my wits end i really dont know if i can cope going through another appeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231667 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Another assesment
Hi J

I don't know whether you realise it but your real name is showing. Click on the link below to change it.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

This may sound an unusual piece of advice, but if you are able to I would ring them and ask them if they have all the medical evidence you have sent in and ask if someone has read it. The reason why I say this is because the evidence is not always scanned at the same time as the form (this happened to me) and therefore part can get read and then not the rest. If you stay calm with them, they are able to tell you on the system - how many pages there are and what has been read and when. If it is all there - I would then ask what more evidence they would expect you to provide. The only other thing you might want to do (if you haven't already) is keep a diary detailing how your condition affects your daily life. Remember - it is not your medical condition they are most interested in, it's whether you meet the criteria in the questions.

As far as the assessment goes - you already know some have a good experience and others don't. It's not right, but unfortunately, it is the way it goes. Be yourself. Don't feel pushed into doing anything physical that will cause you pain or discomfort and if you're saying no explain why. If you are able to have someone with you do so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LucyPosy68, Josephine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.