× Members

Received letter from PIP ..Ongoing award till 2029

More
4 years 11 months ago #231672 by lesley011
Hi, My review was due in June 2020, however I have just received a letter stating they will continue to pay me the enhanced rate on both components until 2029. But then they state they have overpaid me and will be in contact re: return of over-payments. But I have checked the payments on a PIP website and from 2017 when I received PIP I have been receiving the correct amount? Also I have not had to go in to be assessed I just received the letter stating the above..is this a hoax?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231698 by Gordon
lesley

Will you have reached State Retirement Age before June 2020? If you would then the DWP are looking at existing claims and converting them to an On-Going one if the claimant would reach SRA before their next review was due.

As to the overpayment, you will have to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim for more information. It is not normal for there to be an overpayment in this situation, in fact, I can't think of a reason why there would be one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231700 by lesley011
Hi Gordon,
No I will not receive my pension until 2027, and i never filled in a medical form which I was expecting?
It just says that they will get in contact again in 2029 and I will continue to get the enhanced rate on both components until then.
I did win my ESA Appeal in December and was put into Support group, could that have influenced this decision?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231711 by Gordon

lesley011 wrote: I did win my ESA Appeal in December and was put into Support group, could that have influenced this decision?

I doubt it especially given the delay, I can't explain it then.

I would definitely phone up about the overpayment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231714 by lesley011
Hi Gordon,
Thank you for your advice, I will call them tomorrow when I have plucked up the courage.
I have just read that since last year anyone with an ongoing illness or disability that is unlikely to change gets a 10 year review, maybe thats my case.

I really dont want to alert them in case they realise their mistake and call me in for a reassessment but I suppose I will have to.
Once again, Thank You/

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.