× Members

Refused pip now going a reconsideration letter

More
4 years 11 months ago #231681 by Janallan
Hello, I did send for the pa4 ( healthcare report) immediatiatly after my medical ,to give me a head start as I usually take my case to appeal. I got the turned down pip response from DWP which is quite basic, do you know what they consitute a mental health exam to be like,I didn’t get asked the usual questions about ( spell world backwards or deduct change etc) at my medical she just commented that looks well, speech normal coped well etc) I don’t know if I should have had a more in-depth MSE’ owing to the fact one of my conditions is anxiety/depression and their observations are totally not true

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231703 by BIS
Hi Janallan

The type and number of questions that are asked depends on your evidence, the form and additional evidence and how it matches the criteria and the assessor, so although there are some standard questions, you may not actually be asked them, either because you may have already unconsciously answered them (through the evidence sent in), or the assessor makes a judgment on what you say or how you act during the assessment or the assessor deems them not relevant in your case. Certainly, there are a lot of differences in what people are asked.

As you are accustomed going to appeal, you will already know that judgements are often made about physical appearance and these often appear to impact negatively on people with mental health conditions.

When you go for your mandatory consideration your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria. There may be many reasons why you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.