× Members

ESA assessment

More
4 years 11 months ago #231986 by anthmares
ESA assessment was created by anthmares
Hi, i need some advice, my sister has received a letter stating that she needs to attend a Medical, the letter was dated the 4/6/2019, she needs to attend on the 14/6/2019 at 2.15 pm. Is it customary to send letters for medicals without first sending out an ESA 50 form. My sister suffered a stroke 4 years ago, she barely can speak and is paralysed down one side. She is on a number of medications, and she needs a wheelchair. Also since she is not on UC yet, is this a trend to send people receiving ESA to go on UC without first sending out an ESA 50 form to fill out. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231995 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment
Anthony

There is no legal requirement for an ESA50 to be sent to the claimant, in fact, DWP procedures mean that one should not be sent to a claimant with significant disability, that said, it is concerning that a face to face has been required as I would not expect this to be necessary in these circumstances.

She or those who have authority to act for her, should contact her GP, you need them to write a letter to Maximus for either a home assessment or a Paper Based Review, their letter will need to be unambiguous about the requirement and they will also need to be prepared to answer any additional questions that an assessor might have.

If the assessment is still required then you can either complete an ESA50 or write a letter in a similar format, this should be sent to the Assessment centre if there is time or taken on the day, I would also send a copy to the DWP office dealing with the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.