× Members

Hi Wayne

More
4 years 11 months ago #232052 by Wayne
PIP and DWP Fight was created by Wayne
Follow up -

Received a letter from DWP Legacy Benefits, Work and HealthServices regarding my wife's problems following the DWP entering her as deceased on the database and why we keep getting ESA50.
After an investigation, they have ascertained that a member of staff incorrectly entered my wife as deceased and this triggered notification to other departments to clear my wife from database. They accept their culpability, apologised profusely and have taken steps to ensure that a reoccurrence won't happen to everyone else.
The reason for the cancellation of PIP claim, re-issuing of PIP application forms, ESA50 (5 times in 10 days) and 32 requests for occupational pension requests, was due to her 'death' then 'un-death' and the computer assuming that it was a new claim for everything, but it kept finding she was 'dead' and cancelling, then re-issuing paperwork.

Anyway, they've written a nice letter, told my wife she isn't dead, updated all databases, sent her a consolatory payment of £100, a full stating that she will not require work capability assessment in the future, and here's the big one, they wrote;

"Following her home assessment, Mrs ******* has been awarded PIP at the enhanced mobility rate and enhanced disability living rate"

So, to all of you admin and especially Gordon, thank you very much for helping to make a rotten and extremely difficult situation a little bit more bearable, and giving us the knowledge and confidence to take out case to the right places and eventually get what my wife deserves.

THANK YOU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232055 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Hi Wayne
Hi Wayne

I remember reading the absolute horror story of what you and your wife went through even though some parts to a reader were amusing - obviously not so much for your wife and yourself. I have to admire your persistence in sticking with it to the end.

Anyway many, many congratulations on your success at last.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris