× Members

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

More
4 years 11 months ago #232117 by MyHipsHurt
PIP Mandatory Reconsideration was created by MyHipsHurt
I have received my PIP decision and want to put in an MR.

The assessor has lied on her report regarding my mental health and has claimed it is 'unremarkable' and that I am a low dose antidepressant. She has also claimed that even though I have weekly appointments with a Clinical Psychologist, the fact that I don't see a mental health nurse or a psychiatrist means that I don't have any mental health problems. This makes no sense at all! I have diagnosed cPTSD, severe anxiety and depression, and suicidal ideation. I had already sent letters from my psychologist with the original PIP application, but these seem to have been ignored.

My clinical psychologist has said she will answer any questions the DWP has if they contact her but am wondering if it's better to send them a letter from her with my MR. Should the letter spell out clearly where I meet the descriptors or is it enough to clarify what my main problems are and let them tie them up with the descriptors?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232121 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi MyHipsHurt

I would suggest you read through the guides about asking for and writing a mandatory reconsideration and the guide which details how to challenge the medical report.

Any additional information your clinical psychologist can give you should also be included. It is not up to the DWP to tie up any evidence to the descriptors - you have to show where it does in your mandatory reconsideration evidence. Even if your psychologist cannot confirm all the descriptors if she has been clear about the problems you experience you should be able to tie them up when you go through the report and show where you think evidence has been overlooked and where you should score more points.

PiP appeals

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyHipsHurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.