× Members

DLA ending. Will it affect my ESA?

More
4 years 11 months ago #232132 by Millie73
DLA ending. Will it affect my ESA? was created by Millie73
Hi!
I realise this question has been posed in other topics and yet I wanted to ask again and with a specific point. In my ESA benefit I currently get 'extra money because you are severely disabled' and 'extra money because of the disability income guarantee'. I wonder whether they base their decisions about this extra money on PIP/DLA's decision about ones disability. My DLA ends in July as I failed my PIP claim.
Many thanks
Millie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232153 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA ending. Will it affect my ESA?
Millie

Yes and no, you automatically become entitled to these Premiums if you meet certain criteria, so it is dependant on the Decisions that are made but not why they are made.

So the Income Guarantee money or Enhanced Disability Premium is paid because the claim claimant is in the ESA Support Group or because they have a DLA HRC or PIP Enhanced Daily Living award.

The money because you are severely disabled or the Severe Disability Premium is paid because you have a DLA MRC or HRC or PIP Daily Living award, there is other criteria for this Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232166 by Millie73
Replied by Millie73 on topic DLA ending. Will it affect my ESA?
Thank you so much Gordon. I wonder if I should call them and simply ask. Or wait and see if it disappears. I am in the Support Group for ESA. I am on HRM and SRC for DLA. DLA stops on 2nd July. I am contemplating appealing the PIP decision.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232179 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA ending. Will it affect my ESA?
Millie

If your DLA is ending and has not been replaced by a PIP award then the "money because you are severely disabled" will stop.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232202 by Millie73
Replied by Millie73 on topic DLA ending. Will it affect my ESA?
Thank you Gordon
It is as I thought
I called PIP yesterday to ask for a copy of my assessor's notes and they told me that they have just received a report from my GP and so my case is going to be looked at again. Not holding my breath but you never know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris