× Members

Advice on ESA assessment decision

More
4 years 10 months ago #233293 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice on ESA assessment decision

mrfibrospondodysthmatic wrote: Hi Gordon,

How can one find out whether or not their area falls within the piloting of online appeals.

kind regards.

Have a look at the following

www.gov.uk/government/news/submit-your-p...ayment-appeal-online

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233299 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Advice on ESA assessment decision
Hi weirdsciencex

Check out Gordon's link ~ appeal online

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

More
4 years 10 months ago #233472 by weirdsciencex
Replied by weirdsciencex on topic Advice on ESA assessment decision
I received an SMS today from the DWP saying they had been contacted by the tribunal service and they had 28 days to send a response.

Does this mean that the appeal has been accepted? If so how do I claim ESA during the appeal, from what I have gathered I can get ESA at the assessment rate as long as I haven't claimed anything else and I can have it backdated to the time of the mandatory reconsideration if I get a fit note to cover that period.

I have a Doctors appointment booked but unfortunately it's over a week away, can I phone them and ask them to start repaying ESA? Or do I have to wait until I have the fit note from the Doctor?

More
4 years 10 months ago #233482 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice on ESA assessment decision
weirdsciencex

You can contact the DWP now but they won't put the ESA back into payment until they have a Fit Note.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: weirdsciencex

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris