× Members

DREADED LETTER DECISION FOR PIP.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232488 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DREADED LETTER DECISION FOR PIP.
Alex

I'm afraid there is no vehicle for you to send us a copy of the MR request.

Send it to the same address as on the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232704 by alex
Replied by alex on topic DREADED LETTER DECISION FOR PIP.
hi again... just needing some info..... my friend is in a lot of worry and anxiety etc with this decision and doesnt know whats going to happen next.. with my friend being taken off the enhanced daily living allowance of PIP , and down to standard rate daily living...
so does this remove his severe dissability premium etc on his ESA award ? or does it stay the same??
and as hes been awarded enhanced mobility award... what are the changes coming ahead ?? and also what is ahead if he is not successful in his MR... i dont think he will be able to manage to go all the way to a tribunal due to his mental health state .

we havent a clue and theres so much stuff online its mind boggling with all the forums and stuff to read.....

im a disabled male, 46 yrs old i have been diagnosed with
PTSD.severe anxiety and depressive dissorder with panic attacks
sciatic pain both legs,,carpal tunnel both hands. haemophelia, ETD.HPB.IBS and im here for help with benefits decisions/medicals etc..

More
4 years 10 months ago #232709 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DREADED LETTER DECISION FOR PIP.
Hi Alex

The PiP decision does not remove your friend's ESA severe disability premium.

A Mandatory Reconsideration re-makes the original Decision - so there are three possible scenarios.
1. The MR is rejected and the decision remains the same eg standard daily living and enhanced mobility.
2. The MR is accepted and the standard daily living is increased to enhanced.
3. The MR is rejected and there is a reduction in the current award or even its removal, it doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

If your friend is not satisfied with the Mandatory Reconsideration - there are only two options - accept the decision or put in an appeal for a Tribunal. Only he can make the decision about his fitness.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233052 by alex
Replied by alex on topic DREADED LETTER DECISION FOR PIP.
thanks BIS. for your info.. i know about the aoutocmes.. we werent sure what would happen to his esa and severe dissability premium. thanks.. ;-)

im a disabled male, 46 yrs old i have been diagnosed with
PTSD.severe anxiety and depressive dissorder with panic attacks
sciatic pain both legs,,carpal tunnel both hands. haemophelia, ETD.HPB.IBS and im here for help with benefits decisions/medicals etc..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rh

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.