× Members

Dal...stop claiming

More
4 years 9 months ago #232371 by Steve
Dal...stop claiming was created by Steve
I have been on dla for 5 years, just received ill health retirement package from work (18 months ago)....during this period by swimming every day and getting help excersising etc, I have improved my mobility massively.Had major heartmsurgery etc also.
I want to stop claiming now as I'm in a better state now, however I worry they will investigate and say I should have notified a change earlier, I just really dont need the benefit anymore because of work pachkage. And find the process intimidating.

Anyone know what happens if I just stop it please ?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232378 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dal...stop claiming
Steve

It should not be a problem but the longer you leave contacting the DWP the more likely that it will be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve

More
4 years 9 months ago #232428 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Dal...stop claiming
Appreciated Gordon thanks, the heart condition wasn't part of my original, I never told about that as I was advised I'm on max so it wouldn't be of consequence

More
4 years 9 months ago #232442 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dal...stop claiming
Hi Steve
I agree with Gordon I cannot see it as being a problem, contact DLA 0800 731 0122 and inform them that you have under gone major surgery and that you are on the mend and that your health condition has improved to an extent that you no longer require DLA. They may ask you a date when you felt you no longer required DLA but as you stated earlier, you are getting better on a daily basis with all the exercise you are doing to help improve your health.
Let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #232976 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Dal...stop claiming
Thanks Gary.....don't know why I'm so scared of it all ...fills me with dread...guess my poor health knocked my confidence

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.