× Members

ESA/pip recording assesment

More
4 years 10 months ago #232414 by lynn
ESA/pip recording assesment was created by lynn
Hya there just bought 2 identical bush recorders which are poor quality from Argos .for recording ESA assesment .any advice for best equipment to use .would be appreciated thanks lynn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232434 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA/pip recording assesment
Hi Lynn

We're unable to say which might be the best equipment for you to use, but some members have attached speakers to their recorders which would enhance the picking up of the sound.

If you're going to record just remember to use new tapes and don't unwrap them until you are with the assessor - otherwise they might say they have been tampered with prior to the assessment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232446 by lynn
Replied by lynn on topic ESA/pip recording assesment
Thank you bis I will look on ebay

More
4 years 10 months ago #232509 by Flipper
Replied by Flipper on topic ESA/pip recording assesment
For hubby's assessment last week, I too bought two Bush recorders from Argos but also bought two plug-in external microphones (£4.99 each) from Currys/PC World to ensure a better quality recording. I also bought a 5m extension cable (£5) from Asda and type C batteries for the recorders (£1.99 for two - 4 needed for each recorder - all bases covered.
The cassette tapes (90 minutes - 45 minutes each side) were bought from Wilkos (£4 for 5). I used two tapes to do a test prior to the assessment officially commencing to ensure everything was working ok. Then opened two new tapes, in front of the assessor and actually got him to open one.

Hope this helps.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.