× Members

Autism and ESA Face to Face Assessments

• Whistler_Lightspeed
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #232424 by Whistler_Lightspeed
Autism and ESA Face to Face Assessments was created by Whistler_Lightspeed
Hi,

My wife has high functioning autism, audio processing disorder and other processing difficulties. We heard from a friend that autistic people do not have to attend face to face work capability assessments for ESA. Is this true?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232441 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Autism and ESA Face to Face Assessments
Hi Whistler
It is not something that I am aware of, do you have POA? You usually need a Dr's or Psychiatrist letter stating that the person cannot attend an assessment centre and require a home visit.
Your post raises a few questions such as, is your wife in receipt of ESA now and has been asked to attend a re-assessment, as you cannot claim IR ESA now, you have to claim 'new style ESA' which is UC based.
Does your wife receive PIP/DLA?
Check out the National Autistic web site: www.autism.org.uk it has excellant information.
I have had a quick check and cannot see anything about not having to undergo a face to face WCA assessment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whistler_Lightspeed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.