× Members

Arrange a home recorded PIP assessment

More
4 years 10 months ago #232453 by Steve Morgan
Arrange a home recorded PIP assessment was created by Steve Morgan
Hi Everyone,

Having been on enhanced DLA since 2008 I received a letter to make a claim for PIP. Before I call them I wanted to ask how easy it is to arrange a recorded PIP assessment? As having followed Benefits and Work posts for years I want to make sure I’m treated fairly.

Many thanks in advance

SteveP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232456 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Arrange a home recorded PIP assessment
Hi S

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Recording PIP assessments

It is you as the claimant who has to organise the recording - not the assessor and you do need to inform them beforehand that you intend to record.

It needs to be made to two tapes or CDs simultaneously.

You cannot use a digital recorder such as a mobile phone.

A member has reported problems if the media is not new, so make sure that the tapes or CDs are still shrink-wrapped and opened in the presence of the assessor.

You need to give one of the recordings to the assessor.

Most members have used two relatively cheap cassette recorders, check that they record without a problem, some have used external microphones.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.