× Members

reassesment ESA

More
4 years 10 months ago #232462 by max151
reassesment ESA was created by max151
I read in ESA FAQ that after an assesment from 2017 if you have a long term lifelong condition. Then you will no longer need to be reassessed?. Did I read this correctly?. I am doing the ESA50 for my mum. She had a very severe brain injury and is extremely disabled. She use to be on SDA and DLA on indefinite award. But since being moved onto ESA they send me a form every 3 years for her, even though there is no way she could ever recover. Does this now mean that hopefully this will be the last form I have to fill in?. Or am I dreaming and read incorrectly?. THank you to anybody that replies. I really appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232470 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic reassesment ESA
Hi Max

The DWP published the final versions of the “severe conditions” healthcare professional (HCP) guidance and criteria, their training guide and case scenario’s.

The new DWP Severe Conditions Guidance says that:

“The new re-referral period will apply to those with LCWRA ONLY. If a claimant has LCW but not LCWRA, the process remains as now.”

To avoid a reassessment, claimants will have to satisfy, all four of the following:

1) the level of function will always meet LCWRA criteria;
2) the condition will always be present (some lifelong conditions are present from birth, but others will develop or be acquired later in life);
3) no realistic prospect of recovery of function (with advice on this being based on currently available treatment and not on the prospect of scientists discovering a cure in the future);
4) unambiguous condition (following all relevant clinical investigations a recognised medical diagnosis has been made).
If all the above four criteria and any of the LCWRA criteria are met, the HCP is to advise the decision maker that the claimant has a Severe Condition and has LCWRA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: max151

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.