× Members

Recording my PIP Assessment

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #232529 by Trisha
Recording my PIP Assessment was created by Trisha
Good Morning,

I have been on DLA high rate mobility since 2007 and it was for indefinite.

I got my my PIP2 Form through the post and I completed it and sent it in the post yesterday by special delivery with additional evidence for question 15 and copies of all my hospital letters from the doctors I have seen including letters from my Neurologist and my MS Nurse, I took a copy of everything I sent to the DWP before I sent it off. I was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia and I osteoarthritis in my knees and in my right hand. I am not in a wheelchair, I use a walking stick for balance problems, I am in constant pain with my conditions.

I am very worried about a potential face to face assessment, I live here in Bristol and I know the people who do the assessment in this part of the country are what used to be known as ATOS, I have heard so many horror stories about them and seen here on this website people's stories about the assessors lying in their assessment reports.

I really want to record the interview, I know from what I have seen on here, I would need to ask for permission from the DWP to do this, I know people have been given permission and subsequently recorded the interview, what is the latest position on this and can you tell me what I have to do.

Thankyou for your help.

[removed]
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gordon. Reason: name removed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232533 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Recording my PIP Assessment
Hi Emerald

I don't know whether you realise, but you put your real name at the end of this post. You might want to go back and remove it.

You certainly can record your assessment and they do like to know beforehand that you are doing this. If you didn't say so on the form then you need to inform them.

Recording PIP assessments
It needs to be made to two tapes or CDs simultaneously.

You cannot use a digital recorder such as a mobile phone.

A member has reported problems if the media is not new, so make sure that the tapes or CDs are still shrink-wrapped and opened in the presence of the assessor.

You need to give one of the recordings to the assessor.

Most members have used two relatively cheap cassette recorders, check that they record without a problem, some have used external microphones.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232591 by Trisha
Replied by Trisha on topic Recording my PIP Assessment
Hi,

Thank you for replying to my post. How do i remove my name, this is the first time that I have posted.

Thankyou

More
4 years 10 months ago #232593 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recording my PIP Assessment

emerald wrote: Hi,

Thank you for replying to my post. How do i remove my name, this is the first time that I have posted.

Thankyou

I've already done it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trisha

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.