× Members

ESA.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232530 by Lorraine
ESA. was created by Lorraine
Morning. I’ve just completed and posted
My ESA renewal using your very helpful. Guides. I last did this in March 2016, I didn’t have to attend an assessment and was transferred from WRAG to support group,, given that the only thing that’s changed is I now have diabetes and associated neuropathy. I got out the previous ESA 50 and more iot less copied the answers from last time. What do you think are the chances I might get to stay in support group without a F2F. ? If I am moved to WRAG. How much worse off will I Be. And will I have to go back n UC
Best wishez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232548 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA.
Lorraine

It's impossible to say whether you would be moved to the WRAG on reassessment, in part it will depend on how you qualified for the SG last time and whether there have been any changes to the DWP guidance since then, the Descriptors themselves have not changed.

The difference is around £7/week but you may also lose a Premium of around £16/week depending on your circumstances.

This will not trigger a migration to UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232597 by Lorraine
Replied by Lorraine on topic ESA.
Thanks Gordon. The last time my letter from assessment provider said I qualified for support group because of the fatigue and widespread pain due to me and fibromyalgia
Also arthritis and spinal problems. It said I was unable to mobilise 50 Mtrs repeatedly or use a wheelchair because of widespread pain. I mentioned I had a f2f assessment for pip in January and was awarded 8 points mobility and enough for low care. Cooking, washing and dressing and bathing showering. I’m wondering if that will be taken into consideration. I mentioned this on my esa50.
Regards
Lorraine

More
4 years 10 months ago #232624 by Gordon
Lorraine

You can only score for the ESA activities, so cooking, washing and bathing cannot be considered unless you showed that the problems that you have with these activities also affects your ability to complete one or more of the ESA ones.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232721 by Lorraine
Replied by Lorraine on topic ESA.
Does the fact that I can’t walk more than 50mtrs repeatedly and was given 8 points at a F2F in January this for mobility not have some bearing on the ESA decision on moving about ?It does appear to imply that’s in your guide ?.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232735 by Gordon

Lorraine wrote: Does the fact that I can’t walk more than 50mtrs repeatedly and was given 8 points at a F2F in January this for mobility not have some bearing on the ESA decision on moving about ?It does appear to imply that’s in your guide ?.

Yes, it does but ESA is not a walking test, it is a Mobility test! In addition to your walking, it considers your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over the same distances, you do not need to be using a wheelchair or even to own one for it to be considered. SO even if you can show your walking is restricted unless you can also show that you cannot self-propel the wheelchair you will still not score points.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.