× Members

Undergoing cancer screening since pip application

More
4 years 10 months ago #232542 by Richie L.
Just got my capita appointment. But since my pip application, I've unexpectedly had a suspect cancer growth found :(
Had tests and scans and awaiting results. Got colonoscopy day before capita appointment.

Not yet told dwp as not got a diagnosis but now capita appointment come feel like need to let dwp know. I'm scared and don't what to say and what this will mean for my DLA to pip application.

Can anyone advise pls. Hoping will be ok day after colonoscopy To manage appointment but not sure..

They gave me a late afternoon slot as requested so don't want the possibility of being given morning one.

Thanks, Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232552 by Gordon
Richie

So you have had your PIP assessment but not a Decision yet?

I assume that any effects of the cancer on your ability to complete the PIP activities would have been included in your PIP2 and certainly covered during the assessment, so I can't see why it would have any effect on any award that is recommended.

If you tell the DWP now, before the Decision is made then I would not expect it to have any impact, if you do it after then there is a possibility (very small) that they will reassess you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232557 by Richie L.
Thank for info.. sorry I did not explain it well. Sent form, have appointment for capita assessment next week, it cametoday. I am mid- diagnosis, not sure what’s what at moment. Waiting for results. Have colonoscopy day before capita assessment. Hoping will be fit for tithe meeting. The dwp don’t know about it yet as it only happened last week. Sent the form off about 7 weeks ago.

Does that help to explain it more fully?

More
4 years 10 months ago #232559 by Gordon
Richie

Thank you for the additional information.

So any additional limitations that you now suffer from will be picked up at the assessment, I would inform the assessor that you are waiting on a formal diagnosis.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232564 by Richie L.
Ok so I don’t need to call dwp hotline then to tell them current situ. I’m scared they will want complete new form filling in. It took my weeks to do with extn to the time as well. I find it hard to write much..

More
4 years 10 months ago #232565 by Gordon
Richie

You would need to have suffered from the limitations resulting from this for three months before it can be considered so you are fine to just mention it at the assessment.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Richie L.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.