× Members

hindsight and your mandatory reconsideration

More
4 years 10 months ago #232545 by Flappy the bat
hindsight and your mandatory reconsideration was created by Flappy the bat
I wanted to ask the members with experience of mandatory reconsiderations for PIP , what their take was on the process.

Ive done MR's multiple times for DLA applications- every single one of them has effectively been a case of the DWP coming back with a no cange to the award, so ive no personal experience ever of them appearing to be anythng other than a pitstop of nothing happening until you get to the sending off for the tribunal part.

I have seen one instance while I have been reading these forum posts of someone (who appeared to be utterly suprised themselves) that the DWP changed their mind from their mandatory reconsideration so evidently it can actually happen.

What was your take on it- was it a box ticking exercise in your view, was it something you feel took account of the work you put in to state yoru case for the reconsideration?

I have printed out all the guides for this from BandW already - I just really wanted to find out if any of the members whove been through the mandatory rec. route had any insights from their hindsight they would be willing to share please?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232556 by Gordon
Flappy

The following is a list of posts from members who got the Decision revised at MR.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/component/sear...se=all&Itemid=100548

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232568 by Ellen
After my second PIP application I lost my mobility part and had review time cut, but then at MR had mobility back and review period length increased. I did put a lot of time into writing my MR request- but I was also lucky enough to have the evidence from my first tribunal to use to get the DWP to change ( it took them 12 weeks)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.