× Members

Quick question about ESA review form

More
4 years 10 months ago #232571 by TD888
Hello, I just have a quick question. I've been on ESA about 4 years, having had a review every year. I wondered if the completed form goes to a DWP decision maker to try and do a paper review before it goes straight to a medical? Like with the PIP review forms, or does it go straight to the medical assessment people?

I want to try and avoid a medical if at all possible, nearest centre is an hour by train and I have a lot of difficulty with them. (Plus last time I made it there and they told me they'd cancelled it but couldn't ring me because their phones were down, she then used the phone right in front of me)

Thank you so much for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232583 by TD888
Replied by TD888 on topic Quick question about ESA review form
Also, sorry to be a little paranoid but I got a call at 7pm from an unknown number. I am expecting the DWP to phone me regarding something, do they call at late as 7pm?

More
4 years 10 months ago #232585 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Quick question about ESA review form
Alex

The procedure for ESA is as follows.

- The DWP review the claim to decide whether to reassess or not when the claimant is flagged for reassessment by the computer system.
- The DWP review the claim to decide whether they can make a Decision on the evidence already available, this is only relevant to the most severely disabled.
- If the DWP cannot make a Decision the claimant's file is pass to Maximus.
- Maximus decide whether they can make a recommendation on the papers available, they usually contact the GP at this time.
- If Maximus cannot make a recommendation they will then consider whether the claimant is at risk and whether to issue an ESA50 or not. They may contact the GP at this time.
- Claimant completes ESA50 if sent.
- Maximus review ESA50 and evidence to see if a Paper Based Review can be done.
- If not claimant is invited to a face to face.
- Report based on assessment and information available produced for DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TD888

More
4 years 10 months ago #232589 by TD888
Replied by TD888 on topic Quick question about ESA review form
Thank you so much, that's explained it perfectly and a big help.

You don't happen to know what time the DWP can call you do you? Only I'm wondering if this call I got at 7pm was them or just some marketing thing. They left no message but then I wouldn't expect the DWP to do that...

More
4 years 10 months ago #232592 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Quick question about ESA review form
Alex

It's not impossible that it was the DWP, other members have reported calls as late as this. I believe their call system automatically withholds the number.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232594 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Quick question about ESA review form
Hi Alex

Gordon is correct, I had a client who applied for a mandatory reconsideration, she was contacted at 7.00pm by DWP, she initially assumed it was a hoax phone call or a scam but the caller reasurred her he was from the DWP and that they had revised their decision and had awarded her the enhanced mobility and standard daily living components of PIP which she accepted as she was petrified about having to go to a tribunal.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.