× Members

Incapacity benefit to esa letter and for for 2012

More
4 years 11 months ago #232622 by sarah
Have received a letter and form from dwp saying they may have miscalculated my in to esa change and have sent me a long form for the year 2012 saying I may be entitled to more esa for that year.

I've had problems with esa dept before, they've always said I am both contributions and income related, but have only been giving me contribution.

The benefits calculators all say I'm being underpaid due to income related not being added on, and that I'm missing out on disability add ons because of this.

When I fill in the form, do you know why they are only asking about one year? And why they are not asking about the years up to now also?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232630 by Gordon
Sarah

You say that the DWP believe you are on ESA(IR) and ESA(CB) so this suggests that they have previously looked at your eligibility and that is why they are only looking at 2012 but of course, this is just a guess.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232644 by Ellen
I had a similar letter/form about the money I was paid when moving from IB to ESA in 2011/12 - I filled it in and sent it back but haven't heard anything from them yet.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232660 by Tony
Hi Sarah,
I too have the form ESA3 (IBRD) 11/18 they want information from November 2011 to November 2012 the form itself is mainly about your financial situation during this period.
I have had to contact my bank for copies of my bank statements for this periods as not to miss anything.
good luck hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah

More
4 years 10 months ago #232939 by sarah
The form I have had is asking for my current income and copies of my p60 for 2012.

I've always been told by dwp that I'm both income based and contributions based and I've been paid contributions amount.

The benefits calculators on gov.uk all say I'm being underpaid.

My benefits dropped significantly when I was moved from IB, and I'm wondering wether this is the reason

Just wondered if anyone else had got anywhere with this form and had any success challenging them, as I've been fobbed off for years by dwp.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232952 by Gordon
Sarah

Why do you think that you are being underpaid? What are the benefit calculators saying you should be receiving (Premiums?) that you are not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.