× Members

Why partners income needed ESA CB compliance inter

More
4 years 11 months ago #232824 by 02chloe
In receipt of CB esa and asked to attend compliance interview but they need to see partner income/saving evidence as well as any property we own that is not our home. I thought that CB esa did not take account of property or savings/income. Could this be in connection with tax credits even though the letter is from jobcentre?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232829 by Gordon
Donna

No, I don't think it will be anything to do with Tax Credits as they are administered by HMRC.

Are you sure that you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232833 by 02chloe
Yes definately only CB but asked for all employment details, savings, property, investments

Do I have to do this as far as I am aware my benefit is not means tested as I am in support group

More
4 years 11 months ago #232927 by Gordon
Donna

I would certainly push back and ask why you need to provide information for your partner when they are not part of your claim and their income and savings are not relevant to your claim but they could end up suspending your payments if you do not comply.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233332 by 02chloe
Thanks for your help Gordon

Could I quickly ask do I need to provide details of my income/savings when they are not relevant to contribution based ESA

Many thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #233341 by Gordon
Donna

Pension Income is relevant to ESA(CB) so they are entitled to ask you about this. Savings are not but do you really want to have a battle with the DWP about this? Rightly or wrongly they can suspend your payments if the information is not provided.

Have you spoken to the JC+ advisor about what the reason for the interview is?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.