× Members

ESA appeal

More
4 years 10 months ago #232835 by Sandalina
ESA appeal was created by Sandalina
I have my appeal on 26th July 2019

I suffer from long term depression, panic attacks and anxiety.
I cannot leave home without my daughter who i rely on totally. I had a dwp medical at the end of 2017 i was placed in the support group. I lost my husband in May 2018 and my daughters baby girl was stillborn in Oct 2018. We all have had a terrible time. Jan 2019 i had another dwp medical and was moved to wrag group and decision maker remarks that my mental health has improved!!! I need help with my appeal can anyone advise.I originally asked to attend the appeal but my daughter cant take me and i cant go alone. I need to ask for a paper appeal but really need help laying it out. I thought i would qualify for the support group but have been advised that I do not meet the schedule 3 activities.
I was asked by the HCP how i would cope if my daughter came home early or late - i shrugged my shoulders, my daughter dose not live with me. If she didnt come to accompany me for an appointment i wouldnt go the dwp are aware of this as i have has to rearrange medicals many times because she hasnt turned up or couldnt bring me. I dont think i can cope with this, but i know i will miss these jobcentre appointments and then will get sanctions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #232843 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA appeal
Hi A

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can request a paper-based hearing, but be aware there is known to be a lower success rate.

I would read through our guides to ensure that you have submitted all the information necessary for the tribunal.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have problems with the paperwork the CAB is a useful source of help or contact any mental health charities in your area.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by BIS. Reason: wrong info

More
4 years 10 months ago #232846 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic ESA appeal
i am confused
I was under the impression (from filling in tribunal forms) that a paper based tribunal could be requested by anyone, without getting a medical reason for not wanting to attend.

having said that - I believe 'in person' tribunals tend to be more successful as they lay great weight on the personal statements from the person themselves

More
4 years 10 months ago #232848 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA appeal
Hi Walker

You are correct I amended my post. Thanks for pointing out my error.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris