× Members

Pip home assessment

More
4 years 10 months ago #232855 by kacky
Pip home assessment was created by kacky
I’ve only just had forms and assessment for esa and was yet again put in the support group, but two weeks later I had phone call for pip assessment, then the forms again and now I have to have assessment at home in a weeks time. Does anyone know what this will be like and why I have to go through this all again? I have focal and tonic clinic epilepsy and no use of my dominant right hand. I’m so anxious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232858 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip home assessment
Hi Kacky

ESA and PIP are unrelated benefits and unfortunately, it happens sometimes that people are assessed for both within a short period of time. ESA is about your fitness for work and you have been deemed unfit which is why you are in the support group. PIP is about whether you need any additional help for your daily living.

The assessor will come to your house with a lap top and ask you a number of questions. If you look at the PIP guide it gives examples of the type of questions you can be asked. This is not an exhaustive list and how many they ask depends on the information you provided on your form. You may also be asked to do some small practical exercises eg showing what if any grip you have in your hands.

If you are able to have someone with you, they can always take notes. If you wish to record the assessment you are free to do so, though you will have to provide the equipment to do so yourself. More details in the guide.

PIP Claims

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris