× Members

Motability car

More
4 years 10 months ago #232985 by Jane
Motability car was created by Jane
Hello,
I transferred from lifetime DLA to PIP last year and was given enhanced awards for both care and mobility with a check by letter this year and a formal re assessment next year.
Background
I have arthritis which is relentless and have had 17 orthopaedic surgeries so far, with a further 2 planned. Also have 2 chronic chest conditions.
Query
My car lease is due early September but only 11 months remain until my PIP re assessment which means I can’t choose a new car. Motability has kindly agreed to extend lease on current vehicle ( for which I’m very grateful) however, I’ve just bought a mobility scooter so need a car with a larger boot and hoist.
Does DWP have any flexibility to extend my award by a month in order for me to have a more suitable car?
Many thanks,
Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232994 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Motability car
Jane

I'm sorry but the end date is part of the Decision and cannot be changed without that Decision being revised.

Plus, your existing award is going to be reassessed before the end of the current one and Motability will be aware of this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.